Thursday, March 4, 2010

Took a break

After an extended bad run at Omaha and a dwindling bankroll I ended up taking some time off. I played a session Wednesday around lunch time, left it alone, went to play IRL poker, and didn't pick it up again until today until after breakfast. I dug myself in even deeper then later on I decide it would be a "good" idea to chase and play some .02/.05. Played 300 hands of that across four tables and lost three bucks and change. Flopped quad kings and won the minimum there only because someone payed off a min raise on the end after he hit a mediocre flush.

I'm really quite vexed as to what is going on. I know that I can be effective at .01/.02 as tens of thousands of hands have shown but for some reason I am on a protracted downswing. I wish I knew more about how to pull data out of HEM to see if I am doing anything differently. I don't think I am but the numbers would help show me for sure. It was true that I was running above my all in EV but not that much over and I hope that doesn't have a bearing because I am still above that line.

I am now almost 25 bucks off my my peak or 1/8 of my roll and that hurts. If I step back from the situation I know the remedy is going to take time, lots of time to grind that back up. At an approximate run rate of $1/hour that will take 25 hours to get back to $200. I'm not going to be able to play one monster hand and get it back all at once. I know this and am going to embrace it. That's the plan. Damage report below.


No comments:

Post a Comment