Monday, March 29, 2010

Coming down the homestretch

After turning the odometer over, the green line descended to a new nadir before taking a big rebound to the tune of about $15 or so. I played a little more nitty than usual but most of the difference was due to the refreshing change of having the lead hold over an extended stretch. There were also a number of just having villain in bad way like set versus two pair which is a great way to get chips added to the stack. Another non-trivial factor was that I put in 131 hands of .02/.05 winning all five all-ins with equity of 45% (three way), 61%, 78%, 87%, and 93%. No shocker being ahead but winning all of them was a welcome occurrence. The funny thing is that bumping up in stakes had nothing to do with the April 1 milestone, in fact that would be a reason for not moving up to me. But the fact was that I was busy today and got behind schedule earning points for the Iron Man challenge. I took a couple days off earlier in the month and got too busy on other days so for the last quarter of the month I need to clear 50 points every day in order to reach silver status which is my goal for March. I cut it a little too close on Sunday so in order to accrue Full Tilt Points faster I moved to .02/.05 with about an hour or two to go since the bigger game creates more rake and thus more points. Cleared 50 points with about 20 minutes to spare. The nice kick to the bankroll comes at a good time as the April 1 deadline looms ominously. Apart from Adam applying pressure, the other blogs have been dark for weeks so I don't have a real accurate idea of where I stand beyond the latest chart updates. All I need to do until April is fade someone deciding to take an 11th hour shot by playing over their roll and/or avoid myself doing something stupid over that span of time. We shall see how things turn out.

1 comment: