Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Solid showing

Very good session. I avoided mistakes, played smart, made a couple of nauseating laydowns to what I believe were bluffs, and benefitted from atrocious villain play.

Biggest loss of the session was when I was dealt AT23ds. Flop comes KJ5 with two of my suit. I make a min stab then get potted back. With clean flush and straight outs I call. Turn gives me a glorious queen for broadway and the nut flush redraw. Villain and I get it all in on the turn and I figure I'm freerolling on the guy but he turns over a set of jacks then rivers a paired 5. But if the biggest loss was when I was 77% to win I can't complain about my play at least.

Biggest mistake was paying off the nut flush with a seven high flush. No excuse for that one.

Biggest win was when my flopped broadway averted two flush draws, chop outs, and two pairs waiting to boat up. I also benefitted from villain trying to push me off the nut hand on the river. Ummm...call?

Bottom line: $3.31 to the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment