Sunday, March 21, 2010

Patchwork complete for the weekend

On Friday I wrote that "I'm under $200 again and will need to do more patchwork this weekend." Since that time I've been playing super solid TAG ABC Omaha and the bankroll reflects that. Not only am I once again over $200 but I've put on twenty bucks since that post. That's 1000 big blinds worth of grinding at .01/.02 for 12 hours and 4000 hands for a rate of 25bb/100 hands and an average of $1.32/hour over that span. I momentarily tipped $220 before settling down a nickel shy of that to end the session.

The biggest improvement has been just being aware of the play of every hand. Every street of every hand of every table gets weighed and acted upon based on the ground rules I've set up and if I deviate from them then I'm at least aware that I'm bending the rules. If I start to go off the rails then I jump off the throttle and step away from the felt.

I believe I've recaptured whatever it was I was doing in the 20,000 to 40,000 hand range that was working so well but I'm more aware of everything that's going on. I also have tens of thousands of more hands experience now to fall back on as well. The diversion that sent my green line plunging was detrimental to my roll at the time but I think it has forced me to tighten up my game and has gotten me in a groove that I want to stay in. I can only imagine where my roll would be at if I had continued the trend from my first extended climb. But things happen for a reason and if the nosedive was to get my game straightened out then it will pay huge dividends going forward.

Chart of the weekend from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening


2 comments: