Friday, March 19, 2010

HOTD: Aces...good?

I have .33 and get AA77ss in the cut off with two limpers in front of me. I figure a pot sized bet to .11 has a reasonable chance to isolate...and then I woke up. Not only does it not narrow the field but it creates a family pot including the button who cold calls .11 so there is .66 in the middle as we see a Q42 flop with two clubs. Six way to the flop and the probability of surviving this hand is about the same as winning Powerball. But, as the saying goes, someone has to win so I throw the remaining .20 in the middle and get two callers. Turn is a 9, river is a T. The remaining guy in position bets at the meager side pot and elicits a fold and shows a naked pair of kings for the win on the side pot which means a lone pair of aces is miraculously good for the main pot. I am astonished that they somehow dodged the onslaught of five other players' four card hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment