Monday, March 15, 2010

More badness

Just had another session riddled with mistakes.

Getting over involved in a hand with top pair of aces.

For some reason got went to the mat with top pair of jacks with a paired board.

Went with the sucker end of a straight which happened to be good but lost to a running flush. I know that might seem ROTty but I shouldn't have been in the hand anyway.

Went all in pre-flop with kings which ran into, of course, aces. I have to say that the aggros will get definitely get action when they have it because of all the times they raise with junk.

Another hand with just top pair of aces. Loses to running flush.

Broke protocol by going with bottom set. I played QQ44 pre-flop and hit the four. I should pot and stop but instead I put the foot to the floor and top two pair ended up pairing for a better boat then proceeded to quad up just to drive the point home further.

Had a very discouraging suckout when I got over a buck all in on a Q63 rainbow flop with top set and an 84% equity against AATT then have villain spike an ace on the turn. I didn't need that hand to accompany my bad play but when things are going bad they're going bad.

Get it all in pre-flop with aces double suited and run into...wait for it...aces double suited. He rivers a third spade and my 51% edge pre-flop (due to kickers) fails to even chop.

Pot it pre-flop with kings and get a re-pot. I'm only invested .07 at this point so did I learn my lesson from earlier in the session? Nope. Get it all in and run into aces single suited in diamonds which proceed to flop the nut flush.

At this point I'm done. I know I'm playing badly so I pull the plugs on all the tables and shut down operations. I've gone south of the $200 mark again and am trending in the complete wrong direction. Very disappointed in my play because I know better. The silver lining here is that I DO know better than to get involved in the spots that I did. It's hard enough to have the nuts hold up and win so there is absolutely no need to spot villain major pot equity by mixing it up in marginal spots or when way behind. Next step is just to follow through and simply fold those hands. We'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment