Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Suckouts galore

It's been a pretty rough ride so far today. In the morning my game got pretty loosey goosey and my roll took a hit for it. TAG became LAG which I'm not very good at and it was high variance all day. I shake my head in disbelief at the screen when I get half my stack in pre with AAxx and shove the 223 flop only to get the guy win 446T call and boat up on the turn. Aces versus kings and he catches his backdoor flush. Aces versus nines and he flops a set. I have A6xx and flop 66A and pot it, Q on the turn and I pot it again, ace on the river and I pot it a third time then pay off AQxx. Lather, rinse, repeat. And yes I had my share of getting it in bad like going to the mat with AJ on an AJ9 flop then draw out on a set of nines. I also backdoored a runner runner straight against a flopped wheel when I had A5. Equity-wise HEM says they pretty much balanced out. Sure doesn't seem that way to me though. All in all I'm only down about a buck which is getting off relatively easy considering my donkish play and having the cards work against me in big hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment