Saturday, March 27, 2010

HOTD: Wrap versus open ender

I'm in the SB with 89TJss. UTG limps, cutoff pots to .09, button calls, I feel like I have decent equity so I call. UTG calls. Four to the flop of 478 rainbow. Not bad, top pair and 12 clean outs to make the nut straight. Checks to me and I pot it for the remaining .29 in my stack which isn't even a pot sized bet. Quick call from UTG behind me and everyone else gets out of the pool. He turns over basically nothing but the the 9T open ender, a K and a trey along with a backdoor flush. I was worried when he called so quickly fearing a set or overpair but actually I was way ahead with my pair of eights plus I had a much better straight draw than he did. Basically I just need to fade a king or some goofy runners. Turn pairs the 7 and kills his backdoor flush. River bricks a deuce and I'm home free. Wasn't expecting to have my pair of eights hold up for the win but it was great to be largely freerolling on him.

1 comment:

  1. just like in hold'em there is value in having a made something. you have a monster draw so u are not going anywhere, but with less of a draw, like an open ender, the value of your made something should factor in your decision to continue or not. Double blanks do happen.

    ReplyDelete