Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Largely mistake free but still a down session

Biggest mistake was not giving credit for a broadway wrap. I flop AK top two then a T peels off on the turn. I figure there's no way he'd chase a gutter but he had QJT. I'd play it the same way as he did. I didn't boat up and ship my chips over to him.

Lost with an underset of queens to kings. Cooler, though I had an inkling after the third raise. But that ends up being KQ or bottom set as well.

Flopped top set and charged villain the maximum on the flop and turn but he caught is bare nut flush draw on the river. Nothing I could do about that.

Played a hand perfectly where I flat called a pot with the nut straight. Then potted him back after picking up a flush draw in case we were chopping before. He caught a four outer when he was going nuts with bottom two.

Lost a flip and was also surprised on a different hand when a guy was chasing a straight draw on a paired board. He made it and was good but he's begging to lose chips in the long run doing that.

Those were the major battles. I did feel like my game was running off the rails about 3/4 of the way through the session but I re-focused and pulled it back together. Still, I took it on the chin to the tune of $2.26. My earn rate is way negative over the past 2000 hands at -$1.81/hour.

2 comments:

  1. When you flop top set and he hits the river flush could you have avoided a payoff by check folding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I was already all in by that time.

    ReplyDelete