Thursday, March 18, 2010

Right moves, wrong results

The session started off well enough. First hand is AA96ss in the BB. Cutoff pots, SB calls, I re-pot which enough to get me halfway in. Cutoff re-re-pots and I call. Villain shows T643ss. Standard aggro donkage. My aces hold and I punch out of the table.

Another table, button pots, I re-pot with AAT3ns again getting halfway all in. He flats and we see a 974 flop with two hearts and the rest goes in. He calls with KT95ss (not hearts) and trips up on the river. Standard.

I fold a while then I see a flop with AKJ3ds. Flop comes AA2 and I'm in position against two others. A 2xmin-bet from first to act, then a call, then it's to me. I have the nut flush draw which I'm not counting on but it's better to have it than to not have it. Top trips top kicker but more importantly three side cards above the one on board. Admiral Ackbar is discreetly informing me that it's a you-know-what. Threepio is telling me the odds against being good here. I tell him not to tell me the odds by potting it. Get a call and a shove. Trap: confirmed. At this point I'm priced in with three live kickers and if I'm lucky an extra ace if one of them has an ill advised flush draw and the other has deuces full. Everyone's all in. Second to act has AQ92, as suspected. Lead donk has an irrelevant lower flush draw and an equally irrelevant wheel draw. Cool. Dead money that gives me correct odds since I am a 2:1 dog but have three live cards to trump his boat with a better one. Miss. Miss.

A765ss sees a 77K flop. I do the first half of a pot and stop. One call. Limped pot which makes KK less likely but still wholly possible. Ace on the turn which makes me flush proof and I'm willing to pay off a better boat at this point so I shove and get called by a 5789 who's drawing dead.

Guy pots it in front of me. Flop comes 887 no suits. He leads into the pot and I repot with 9TQK for an open ender and some fold equity. He calls and shows 4459 for a severe underpair and a gutshot that's no good. I miss the however many outs I have that gives me a 60% edge and he takes it down.

Get it in on on the flop with set over set and the underset catches running straight thus showing why he was 6% to win on that hand.

And to cap it off I get my money in terribly when I just don't want to fold QQ on a TT6 flop. Actually, I wanted to suck out on a ten more than I didn't want to fold. Steam shove there that was the least necessary hand of the session.

Down $2.86 mostly due to the cards not falling the right way but with some self inflicted loss too.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting play on the 889 hand. I think I likely flat there though I have no problem with the way you played it. Interesting call there by the donk.

    No interest in playing PLO8 microstakes? Its been a long time since I played at these levels but when I did PLO8 play was terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will get around to PLO/8 but want to stick with PLO until April 1. I think PLO will net me more chips instead of getting raked on half a pot a lot of times.

    ReplyDelete