Friday, March 5, 2010

Bad suckout then a good session

Come into a raised pot with QQxx. Flop is Q high, good. I pot it and get two callers. Turn pairs the 8 so now I have top boat. I'm fairly short so I only put in about half my stack since I'm not folding no matter what and I want anyone who is chasing the flush to come along. If they miss the flush they will still likely pay off the small bet on the river since they are getting crazy good pot odds. Both call as expected and desired. Third eight comes on the river. I toss in the spare change I have behind. Then a pot sized bet and a re-pot until everyone is all in. Worst river ever. I show queens full of eights. To my left shows eights full of kings. Last player has the case eight and was chasing the flush on the turn. Ouch. Despite that swing I ended up just shy of even for that session.

Later on I go on a complete and utter heater. 16 minutes, 107 hands, plus $2.54. For a brief session I was pressing $10/hour earn rate. Biggest hand that I lost was when I decided not to commit my stack to a maniac when I felt I was good after the turn pairs the board and gives me the nut flush. Not sure on that one. Still, that only cost me 16 cents. All five times I played for stacks I won including three pre-flop shoves. Nice uptick for the bankroll. Back above $180 but still a ways to go to get back to the double century mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment