Sunday, March 28, 2010

HOTD: Quad kings no good

UTG limps and it folds around to me in the SB with AA23ds. If I make a pot size bet it will not fail to isolate but will also mark my aces with way too much left behind since I'm starting too deep at .63 so I put in a small raise to .05. Fortunately, the BB pots it then UTG calls. Perfect, since now I can get my entire stack in pre-flop. BB snap calls and UTG gets out of the way. Villain shows KKKK and is already drawing dead. The meaningless board runs out and I make an easy double up plus extra from UTG.

3 comments:

  1. I can think of more embarrassing poker moves, but wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More embarrassing? Impossible! I put this hand in the category of villain doing it so he can brag about winning a hand with quad hole cards. There is a lot of action generated by villains getting it all in with absolute junk which I assume is for tilt value when they suck out. I guess also to scratch the gamble itch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But wow, being dealt 4 Kings to a four-card hand, That's pretty crazy. LOVE that he was drawing dead pre. Something you’d never see in Hold-em.

    ReplyDelete