Friday, March 5, 2010

Big swings at the turn of a card

I flop top set of jacks and pot it, two callers. Turn is an 8 which is the worst possible card for a 47J flop since it can fill two different straights. I'm OOP, pot it and hope that it missed the others in the hand. Nope, re-pot, re-re-pot, and everyone is all in. I'm actually properly priced in even if I check/called their shoves. We each have an even 1/3 equity in the pot but I can't get the board to pair so a two and a half buck pot gets chopped up by the two straights.

Then I'm in for a buck with AKA3ns against K8K6ds and carrying a 63/37 lead pre-flop when we got in. Worst flop that "misses" villain ever, a T74 that gives him a double gutter. Turn is a J that puts me 3:1 but a river 9 makes it a two dollar swing in the wrong direction.

If those hands go the other way I'd be five bucks in the other direction and would have roughly a $2.50 profit instead of a $2.50 deficit.


No comments:

Post a Comment