Sunday, March 14, 2010

Full Tilt Points

Another form of rakeback on FTP is their Full Tilt Points program where you get one point for each dollar raked from the pot at your table. You get points even if you didn't play the hand so if you're at a table of maniacs you benefit from their action in the form of points and if you can stand the variance you can get your chips in with a big overlay when you pick up a premium hand.

Once you accumulate enough Full Tilt Points, what are they good for? That's where the company store comes in. You can buy all sorts of stuff including a lot of FTP branded merch like hats, jerseys, cups, etc. The more points you acquire the closer you get to more desirable stuff like iPods, cameras, and home electronics all the way up to a Mini Cooper selling for 6 million points. A custom avatar sells for a cool million.

Right now I'm sitting at 3,152.05 points or in other words I've been at tables which have been raked for over three grand which further translates to about fifteen times that amount of chips being churned through. That's approaching 50 thousand dollars of action at the tables I've seen and almost all of that has been at the .01/.02 stakes. Personally I am not really interested in a lot of the garb up for sale; however, one thing that caught my eye is a MacBook Pro going for 270,000 points. Since you can't really do anything else with the points except for use them to buy stuff from the store I plan on just banking them until I get enough for the laptop or until something else appeals to me. I'm already over 1% of the way there!

No comments:

Post a Comment