Monday, March 8, 2010

Hands by the numbers

Jason asked a question in the comment section of the last post where he was wondering where my volume of hands came from. The response is below:

Well putting in more hands when I am EV- is only drilling me further down into the hole. I need to get back to the groove I was in after I got my game straightened out (about hand 20,000) but before it went off the rails (about hand 40,000). Once I get that figured out then my grinding will be doing me some good. As to your question, my first hand was Jan 15th 2010 at 9:18:24 pm. So as of now I've been at it about 51 days and change. When Royal asked earlier HEM said I was doing about five hours a day though the real number is always going to be lower than what HEM says due to how it calculates session duration. I've been doing usually 6-8 tables when playing though I'll do as little as two tables while eating breakfast or whatever. I also play six max tables which go a lot faster then full ring. So working that out it comes out to somewhere between 200-300 hands/hour but again that is dependent on how HEM calculates it. That figure is how many hands/hour I get when playing. If you spread out all the hands over the entire day it would average out to about 54 hands/hour continuously or not quite one hand per minute, about the equivalent of playing a single table non-stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment