Friday, March 12, 2010

HOTD: Thanks for the slow play

I have a big blind special J433ds I'm actually not even watching this table since I'm ready to fold to any pressure whatsoever. By the time I get back to looking at the table it has checked through to the river and it looks like KQ6 2 5 no flush. Hey, I have the nuts here and it's just me and the button since the SB folded. I put out a min .02 bet just trying to get a curiosity call. Then I button pots it. I initially think I'm going to make some money here but after inspecting the board to double check that I can't be beat I figure we're just chopping; nonetheless, I re-pot back to him to allow him to make a mistake. He calls with top set of kings which he gave a free card to on the flop despite two hearts and an open ender possible. And another free card on the turn after a second diamond appeared and offered up my gutshot. Then he perked up on the river just in time to flush his money away.

No comments:

Post a Comment