Sunday, March 7, 2010

HOTD: Boat, boat, boat

I limp in the cutoff with AT74ss going flush mining with broadway possibilities. SB completes and BB checks, everyone else is out. Flop is 77T with two diamonds, not bad I have a boat. Two checks to me and I bet half pot trying to trigger someone with the case 7 into action. Flat call and another call. Turn is Ah which upgrades my boat to sevens full of aces and puts the second heart out there as well so hopefully one or both of them have flush draws. Checks to me again and I bet half pot again. Maybe I could have gotten away with a full pot there since it is the last street to draw at. Dunno. One caller. River is Th which completes a flush, double pairing the board and upgrading my boat one final time to tens full of aces. I'm no longer worried that SB was slow playing tens full on the flop. Checks to me again and I make one last half pot bet. SB shows K793ds so he actually did flop trip sevens but didn't go crazy with them. I was also in danger of him catching a king to trump my boat. After the turn though he was drawing dead. He did river his flush though which I think helped get me paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment