Thursday, March 25, 2010

Aces races

The story for this last session is losing with aces. I know they're not bulletproof but they are at least favored, aren't they? I picked them up 28 times in the session and won ten of them for a net of -2.80 from aces hands alone. Managed to draw villain in pre-flop eight times in the session and lost seven of them. That's pretty dismal. Once I was in a virtual coinflip when it was another AA and I against a third player who scoops. Then I had a heads up AA vs AA 52% edge and lost that. Otherwise I was between 60% and 70% to win the other five and lost them all. For the session I was down a total of $2.73. Considering the shellacking I took from losing those hands it wasn't that bad a session. No tilt crept in despite getting pasted by draw outs. Just have to call it a session and get back on the horse later. I know the numbers will come around eventually but today's session was creating some doubt about it.

3 comments:

  1. Not sure of your stack sizes but if you raise with Aces and get 2 callers and the flop comes out J96 with 2 spades and you have no spades what do you do? Or even worse JT8 with 2 diamonds and you have no diamonds. HU I may go with it but OOP I may check fold. Not sure if that is affecting your Aces results. From the sounds of it u are pretty short so you likely just go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on position and stack size. If I'm more than halfway in then I'm pretty much always going with it unless the board is particularly ugly and/or there is way too much action in front of me. The thing is that scary boards are scary for everyone but in general I think they are scarier for the person calling instead of the person betting pre-flop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, the hands being highlighted in the post were the ones where I was all in pre so there were no tough decisions to be made post flop.

    ReplyDelete