Thursday, March 25, 2010

Three of a not-so-kind

The upside is that I had a great session. Two cents shy of four bucks from 315 hands in 44 minutes. The down side is that three of a kinds were killing me due mostly to me butchering the hands.

I have A853ds and the flop is Q55. Checks to me and I pot for .08. Min-raise to me. Cue sirens, alarms, red flags, and claxons. Trips with top kicker? That's nothing on that board especially to a min-raise. So what do I do? Call! What part of "pot and stop" do you not understand soldier!? Turn misses me. Checks to me (so obvious to check here), and I flush the remaining .19 down the toilet. Snap call by queens full and I have the case 5 as my only out which fails to materialize somehow. Bye bye extra .27 cents after my first pot.

K723ns in the BB. Flop comes 7J7 I pot it and get one caller. Turn is a 9 and I only have .19 behind into a .26 pot and feel like riding this one out because of the pot size. .19 more goes in and gets called by J833. Jack on the river. Nice hand, sir.

TTK2 in the BB (again! when will I learn?) sees a flop of K7K. I pot it for .04 and get repotted. This is where I am supposed to stop, the second half of the pot and stop procedure, instead of draining off an additional .64 into the pot over the next two streets to some guy with AK.

I min-raise UTG with AA77 and see a flop of 992 with two others. Checks to me and I bet half pot of .06, fold then a call. I slow down after that and we check through to the river. Villain has a 9 and shows enough restraint to not go overboard with it unlike some other players (ahem).

And finally I complete the SB with QJ96ss which is actually below normal SB standards. Five way to a flop of QQ8 two hearts. Here we go again! I pot it for .10, one flat call,  then an all in of .11 which does not open the door, call, call. Turn is an offsuit 4 and I feel that i am getting reasonable equity for tossing in my last .09 since I have a Q, and three pairs to my J and 9 side cards that can boat me up and possible the 6 as well. Get called and both others show nothing but flush draws. River is one of the six remaining hearts but not a good one for the flush draws since it pairs my jack.

Oh what could have been if I had just followed procedure. Would have been up over five bucks if I had just had the discipline to dump those trap hands early.

No comments:

Post a Comment