Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Playing with fire

The temptation was just too great. I went ahead and jumped in on some .02/.05 tables. I'm satisfied with my play. Got it in with top set and got run down by a gutter. Flopped broadway and got action from second nut flush draw and bottom two, third spade on the river prevented me from tripling up. Saw a flop with ATJ2ss and check called a shove on a KQx rainbow flop since I was priced in to my nine clean outs twice and made it. Also picked up AAxx, potted it pre, flopped top set, and got paid by top and bottom. Overall down about $3.50 after rakeback but my EV was more than $2 better than that.

Was I chasing? Yeah I guess a little. Still not too much difference between buying in to a shallow nickel game for a buck versus a standard penny game for .70. Mainly I was just trying to break up the downward cycle. I had my fun, now back to the grind at the penny tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment