Friday, March 19, 2010

HOTD: Getting cold in here

AA45ss in the SB and I'm saddled with a full buy of .70. Two limps to me and I press the "pot" button to see how large a bet that would be but I do not commit the chips because I don't feel that I'd get isolation then I'd be stuck OOP having to make a substantial cbet so I complete the BB instead. Flop is AA6. Flopping quads used to be cool but now they are just a waste of a huge hand because you never get any action. I curse myself for being an idiot and not raising pre because now I won't make anything except for taking down blinds. I check (duh). BB checks and the first limper bets pot. Well at least I'll take his money. Other limper now re-pots. OK, NOW this hand has my attention.  I briefly consider the various possible things that can be going on here but in the end I'm positive that it is what it looks like, namely that I'm up against pocket sixes. Now I don't want to make this sound like any genius maneuver because there is no way that this guy is folding and I certainly am not going anywhere but I instinctively go with first level thinking and flat call hoping somehow to draw in more action from the first bettor. BB smartly enough folds. First bettor slinks away. Good fold dude, nice stab but I can guarantee that you are well behind here. Turn is what I presume is the case 6 as if I needed any more help getting chips in the middle. I check, he shoves, I...call? Yeah, I think that's the right move here and he sees the bad news. Unfortunately for him the river is a non-hand voiding Jh and I double up. By the way, I'm a genius for limping pre-flop.

Meanwhile, simultaneously over at an adjacent table, I inherit 4722ds in the BB and flop bottom set on a K72 board. I know the drill, pot and stop so I deposit the obligatory 8 cents hoping nobody has anything. UTG pots. Cutoff raises. Third nuts on a scattered rainbow flop? Easy fold. Re-raise, shove, call behind me and I can name both of their hands before they are turned up. KK is in the drivers seat. 77 is stuck putting him on Kx or 22. If they only knew what I threw away. Turn and river are harmless and pocket kings drags the pot.

Overquads and under-underset at the same time on two different tables. Brrr...coolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment