Monday, March 15, 2010

HOTD: Another misclick

I raise to 3xBB from the cutoff with TJQK single suited in clubs trying to steal the blinds with the best hand. BB calls. Flop comes AhJh2h which looks nothing like my clubs. Check, check. Turn pairs the deuce, BB bets pot, and I'm totally done with this hand since I have second pair on a paired flushy board. But instead of jettisoning my cards I end up snap calling instead. Oy. River is a 6d, BB checks to me. If there was ever a "have to bet to win the pot" situation I think this one is it, then again I could still be ahead and the guy was bluffing a scare card with air. Nonetheless I take the check to me as a green light and I bet half pot and take it down. That was yet another misclick or the second one in about 80,000 hands. Clearly this is getting to be a significant problem that I'm going to need to work on. At least I won this time instead of dumping the nuts.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, these can be costly particularly when u hit call with a marginal hand in NL08 with an all in in front of you. Its happened by I think I have corrected as I now multi table on 2 screens.

    ReplyDelete