Saturday, March 6, 2010

HOTD: Two outs, so what?

I'd been having a rocky session with some ups and downs, bad beats, suckouts, etc. I limp in with QQT2ss UTG. Another limper calls then the button pots it to .11. Fold by the SB, call by the BB, I call. limper folds. Flop is 3J8 rainbow and BB bets 1/3 pot. At this point I'd had it with people pushing me off of hands so I pot it with my overpair. Button folds then BB snap calls with top set. Well that wasn't what I wanted to happen. Turn, queen. River, blank. Ship me the $1.36 pot. I wrote in the chat box "That's what you get for playing easily dominated hands like top set on a dry flop! Booyah!" OK, not really. Same thing happened to me a couple days ago when I was the one with top set. The difference is that in that case villain was an idiot for not folding his two outer and in this hand hero was an idiot for not folding his overpair. Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment