Thursday, April 15, 2010

Time to regroup

I have to stop throwing chips around like they're free because they aren't. I had justified some of my losses by offsetting them mentally by my $25 bonus I got recently. And like an overzealous consumer spending his paycheck before he gets it, I have been projecting forward to the $200 semi-annual bonus that is supposed to come up at the end of June. But that bonus is only available if I play through 4000 Full Tilt Points and if I lose more than $200 in that play through then the bonus is offset by losses. Bottom line: I'm losing focus on beating the game because I'm concentrating too much on the bonuses. Now I shouldn't ignore the bonuses because they are a valid way to offsetting the fact that I'm getting 27% rakeback compared to the 33% on Cake. Still, I need to keep my eyes on being EV+ enough at these games to beat the rake which I should be able to do especially since I already have beaten the rake before.

Part of where the wheels fell of was during the run of sit and go tourneys. Not because I lost a bunch of money there but because it threw off my accounting. My text file of my last dollar value no longer applied after the cashier value changed due to tourneys being played. Another part I think was that after the April 1 milestone I no longer had a clear target in mind. So I'm now going to itemize each facet separately so I'm forced to face the music and not bury my performance in rakeback and bonuses and that will be reflected in the "By the numbers" section. I'm hoping that will help get my game turned around and get me to keep driving toward getting EV+ and stop worrying about overall bankroll numbers since they will naturally follow after I start playing better.

As of today the numbers are looking pretty grim:
For penny stakes Omaha I'm at -$16.26 or -.76 BB/100
For nickel stakes Omaha I'm at a horrendous -$76.60 or -9.36 BB/100
Sit and go tourneys are -$46.75 which is -21.5 ROI

All of those numbers are in the negative and need some serious attention. The only reason I'm not broke yet is through the good graces of rakeback and bonuses. Lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment