Saturday, April 10, 2010

Encountering some run bad

On the bubble in a $2 + .25 tourney, UTG raises to 600, 3x the BB, button folds, I'm the SB with AA and make it 2000 or about half my stack, BB snap shoves, UTG calls and I'm not going anywhere so I call off the rest of my chips. UTG shows JJ while BB couldn't get his chips in fast enough with ducks after a raise and a re-raise. Whatever. I'm in good shape to bust out the bubble boy and take a commanding lead. Flop is AK3 rainbow and I vault to a 96% lead. Ducks catch runner runner wheel. At least I bust out in 3rd since I had UTG covered but that was an ouch.

Switch to .02/.05 where I have second set on a 5JT flop and get it all in against AQQJ, turn is an A to give me broadway, river is a J to give villain a bigger boat. Then on another table I run my buy in up to $2.64 and get AAT4ss and pot it UTG, villain re-pots it, then me, then him, then I call. I know it's going to be a high variance hand when it takes that many back and forths to get all in but I'm going to ride my edge. He shows KK44ss and I love seeing his low pair since my 4 takes away one of his outs. I'm 70% and liking my chances. Flop comes out and brings a K but a split second later I see the A that came out as well and I'm 91% now. K on the turn. The end.

Wah, wah, wah. Yeah, I know it's just variance. Cash game ended up costing me $15 by the time I finished steaming off chips after my beat. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment