Saturday, April 3, 2010

B-E Aggressive

I tried cranking up my aggression last session trying to isolate with strong starting hands. Sometimes it would work and others it wouldn't. I usually hover around an aggression factor of about 4 which is the AG part of TAG. That number is inflated somewhat by the fact that I fold so much more than from raising a lot. Last session I came in at 12.3 which is partly from intention and partly from picking up a run of good cards. The results were a six dollar divot in the roll but the decisions were sound. The biggest swing was when I got a full $1.75 buy in at 85% with top set which lost to a running flush. I think the biggest mistake was overplaying an overpair to the board. It turns out that I was correct but I think I could have played for a smaller pot given the stack depth. I got most of it in good after raising a donk bet but fell behind when the turn tripped up villain on a 952 5 board and his former second pair took down the pot after I paid him off. I do think I'm on the right track but need to temper the aggression a little bit so I come across as TAG and not a maniac. Even though I was getting cards I need to slow down when I don't hit well enough and maybe check a street to keep the pot smaller. Overall I think I'm on the right track despite the losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment