Thursday, April 29, 2010

Second month of Iron Man silver in the books

For the second month running I racked up 25 days of 50 or points which is enough to snag me silver status in the Iron Man promotion. I also earned at least one point per day for each day in April so I qualify for either the One-A-Day freeroll or 15 bonus medals. After much investigation I have decided to start playing the freerolls instead of converting them to bonus medals. They have restructured the Iron Man store and removed the $26 and $75 tokens which were what I had planned to purchase as the best deal. They still have token equivalents as well as tournament tickets to their "Steps" series of tourneys, FTOPS tickets, and Mini-FTOPS tickets. So basically the only thing worth buying are tourney tickets. I can still get cash or FTPoints but those are poor values in comparison plus they count against your rakeback in some way or another. Since the Iron Man freerolls are open only to Iron Man participants I am going to work on those because I've heard that many players don't show up. Maybe because they don't realize that they need to opt out of the tourneys and don't know they are enrolled or perhaps they just had too much to drink the night before and don't want to get up and play a donkament in the morning. Whatever the reason, it works in my favor. They are supposed to be reasonably easy to at least mini-cash and they have a very flat payout structure with people on 2+2 saying that they pay 30% of the field. I'll know more after I play my first freerolls which will be on May 8th in accordance to their second Saturday of the month schedule. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment