Thursday, April 1, 2010

...and we're back

As some of you seem to already have guessed, the rumors of my bankroll's death were greatly exaggerated. As a matter of fact it is stronger than ever currently. After I cleared my 50 points yesterday I took the rest of the day off and didn't pick up again until this morning where I built it up a couple bucks more before taking a sudden four dollar setback though I didn't see anything too out of sorts with my play after reviewing the hands. I did take that opportunity to decide to jump on to the nickel tables and results so far have been promising. When looking at it as objectively as possible I don't feel like it was chasing at all. I am indeed severely over-rolled for .01/.02 games and now that the April 1 milestone is in the rearview mirror I don't need to worry so much about just holding the ship steady. I need to find out what can get my roll growing the best. So far I've had 182 hands of .02/.05 good for a whopping (relatively speaking) $7.35 and a $10+/hour earn rate. Super small sample but I'm feeling good about my play. I realize now how loose I had gotten at the penny tables and I am now back to being an ultra-nit now that I'm playing with scared money again. I would like to think that I don't need to play at slightly uncomfortable stakes in order to play well but then again if that is the result then there are worse things that could happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment