Friday, April 9, 2010

Down, even, and up

Four more tourneys earlier today, min-cashed in one and did a splendid job of running into big pairs in the BB when I'm shoving from the SB. A real treat. In the hole from those shenanigans. Then I played four more later in the day and busted out of three with the help of some bad luck but I battled back from a short stack to win the fourth so that breaks me even for those four. Actually one first place out of four buys nets me .27 due to rakeback but we'll just call it even. Then midnight ET comes around and I decide that I'm going to go back to the old neighborhood and grind out my five points for Saturday's quota of the Take 2 promo at the .01/.02 tables with the condition that I had to be profitable. For whatever reason, I've been doing better at Omaha after taking the stint at the S&Gs. No idea why that is, perhaps it's just switching gears, perhaps it's the freedom to play hands where you're not worried about busting out and wasting 45 minutes for nothing. But whatever it is, it seems to be working in my favor. I churned out about $2.50 in profit at the penny tables and I've been doing better at the nickel tables as well. Not a bad day's work. Just waiting for the odds to catch up with me on these make or break coin flips and coolers that I've been having in the tourneys. Side note: I passed 5000 Full Tilt Points which is closing in on 2% of my new laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment