Friday, April 30, 2010

Run Bad Illustrated

The chart says it all. The green line is what actually happened in my latest Rush NLHE session whereas the red line reflects what my EV was for the hands I was involved in.

* AK all in versus AJ spikes a J on the flop.
* AA loses to KJ suited who calls a shove on the turn with a backdoor flush draw and a gutter.
* KK vs TT preflop loses to T on the flop.
* Shove with KK and get *called* by A9 suited, A on the flop.
* QQ versus AJ preflop, spike a set  on KQ4 flop, T on river to give villain broadway.
* JJ loses flip with villain stacking off pre with AQ.
* QQ versus AJ and 99 all in pre, A on turn.
* QQ versus AK and A7, K on flop.

That's just how it goes sometimes. I'm satisfied by what the EV line tells me which is that I'm getting my money in even or better. 300 BB of negative variance is a bummer and it's too bad that the cards didn't fall the right way but I'm in it for the long term so this is nothing but a concentrated lump of run bad that will get smoothed out over time.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, bummer on the run bad. Looks like your formula is still working though. I ran bad on hold'em too, not so much the EV line just would always hit top top against sets and draws would never get there. Back to Omaha for me.

    Still cool that you seem to be the only one at microstakes beating the game (at least theoretically) before rakeback.

    ReplyDelete