Monday, April 19, 2010

HOTD: Villain over-estimates

It's three to the flop and I have QQ66 which is good for top set on a QJ4 rainbow flop. Villain min bets .02 into the .12 pot, one caller, then I pot it to .20. Villain calls, third party leaves. Turn is a rainbow deuce and I still have the nuts. Villain min bets again, .02 into a .54 pot. I re-pot, he calls and we're all in. Villain shows KTT2 for bottom pair and a bare open ender. River is a 9 and villain drags the chips.

Yeah, I was "only" 80% on the turn so it wasn't a huge suckout. The irritating part is villain's min-bets. What's with that? And I am pretty sure that he vastly over-estimated his equity. I'm assuming that he put me on QJ in which case another deuce would make trips, a king would make a better two pair, a ten would make a set, and of course any 9 or ace would give him the nut straight. As it turns out he only had the eight outs instead of the 15 which I assume he thought he had. That's Omaha I suppose. Despite that draw out I still eeked out a small profit for the session.

No comments:

Post a Comment