Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Back on the negative side

Seems I lost some of my touch and bubbled out a couple more times which are the most expensive ones since you invested so much time but still get nothing to show for your work. In one tourney I took a loss when the would be bubble boy played hero and called off his entire 4th place stack with A5 suited and my K9 couldn't hit. That dropped me to less than a BB which gave me KsQs, flopped the NFD and rivered it to quadruple up. I then mercilessly stole blinds and built it up to within a whisker of third place who put his tourney life on the line with AKos which cracked my J4 suited. Bad luck I guess.

I'm back down to -10.35 for tourneys or -6.80 counting rakeback but by EV, HEM has me at down less than a buck. Just need my flat tires to hold up I guess. I'm 52% of the way to 100 and am spotty. Biggest issue is to let off the gas at the right times. It was a mistake for me to shove when I could have potted instead since blinds weren't that bad yet.

2 comments:

  1. My guess is that you will not find microstakes sit and go tournies to be profitable enough to continue. Some of the villain's plays in PLO are truly awful, but I have not seen too much really bad play in microstakes sit and goes. MB plays them profitably but I think her earn rate is way under $1 per hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for not being more clear. I'm playing Hold'em S&G's which has a bottomless pit of games going on. I don't think I've even had to wait more than 30 seconds for a nine handed game to fill up.

    ReplyDelete