Friday, April 2, 2010

HOTD: Suck, re-suck, but not really

I've been stung by overplaying aces a couple times at the nickel table. They either got out-flopped or didn't stand up well enough. So I was a little wary when I got aces double suited in the SB knowing that it would be difficult to get $1.46 all in pre-flop. UTG limps and I raise it up to 3xBB. BB makes it .50 which is good news. UTG calls and I can now get my stack completely in and leave my fate to the cards. BB re-pots which is good news for me since it isolates and probably means he has KKxx which play awfully against aces. UTG folds and he shows KQTT with spades. Flop comes out 227 with two spades and I'm already dreading the flush coming. Turn is a T which boats up villain and now I'm kissing my chips goodbye. River is a glorious ace and I scoop a $3.42 pot, more than doubling up. It wasn't until I was reviewing hands afterward that I realized that my AA22 actually flopped quads and his flush draw, his boat, and my overboat were all irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment