Wednesday, April 7, 2010

HOTD: River heroics

I'm in the SB with AAK8ss at .02/.05 Omaha. MP flat calls, folds to me and I make it .15 to go. BB calls and MP calls. .45 in the middle and we see a flop of K52 rainbow. I lead for half pot since I only have .15 of my $1.63 starting stack and I'm not pot committed. BB folds and MP flats. Turn pairs the five and I check. MP checks back. Ten on the river and I bet .25 into the .89 in the middle. Villain now raises pot which puts me all in. No flush possible, no straight possible and the line seems odd. I'm not worried about villain having KT top two pair because I have him counterfeited with the five pairing. Same thing goes for 2T two pair. Basically the main things I'm worried about are a slow played trip 5s or TT. Other than that it looks like air to me. I have .60 of my about a third of my stack in the middle so I'm getting 2:1 on a call. Normally I would fold here because I have nowhere near the nuts and I'm not pot committed but my read here is that I'm good so I call of the remainder of my stack. Villain shows a 3467ds rundown that missed and I sweep the chips. Looking forward to the day where this call is trivial but for now I'm pretty much in nut peddle/grind mode and usually bypass having to make read based decisions. Worked out this time.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, first blog example I think of real poker rather than just looking at math equations and pot equity.

    Well on your way to moving the profit line without rakeback to the positive.

    ReplyDelete