Friday, April 9, 2010

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble

Launched four more S&Gs and fell short of break even again. Short stack at the table and I shove with 77 for 11 bigs, get called by 66 and he spikes a six. Bubble out. Second table, I shove for 11 bigs with 66 and get called by KQos and the board runs 77T 2 T. Coun-ter-feit-ed. Bubble out. Third table, need chips and it folds to me in the SB and I shove with 56os to steal the BB for the orbit. Get called by AJ. Flop an open-ender but don't make it. Bubble out. Actually did reach the money of the four table then I over committed with A8os when I shoved with 18 BB and could have gotten away with a 3x BB raise. Tactical error there that could have cost me moving up the ladder.

Undeterred by the S&Gs. I had a bad stretch in the early running where I was too laissez-faire about my chips. I'm treating them with more respect now and have tightened up my game but just running into some bad variance. I'm down 38.20 in tourneys so far with 15 more to go. HEM says taking into consideration my EV that I should be down about half that. Initially I just wanted to plow through the S&Gs, take my money and run but that was bad for the roll. I've seen the error in my ways but still paying the price for the hole I dug. Part of it the rationalization was the 25 "free" dollars I have coming for the Take 2 promo so I kinda wrote off losses early as being covered but I've exceeded that and now need to manage the issue much more carefully. I'm attentive to it but not worried.

Green line is raw earnings/losses. Blue line includes rakeback. Red line is expected value if the the cards would just do what they're supposed to.


No comments:

Post a Comment