Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stick to the program!

After a series of successful sessions of Rush I decided to mess with the formula, much to the detriment of my earn rate. Instead of shoving or folding I started to set mine, raise pot sized bets, cbet, etc. In other words I was kinda playing poker and it did not go well. AK versus AQ on an AQx flop, buh bye stack. Pot sized raise JQ steal attempt sees a J high flop and I pay off a set of sixes. Suck out by an underpair after a three way pot forms. You get the idea. While there are definitely tweaks to the formula that should be made I need to fold in one variable at a time and not make wholesale changes. I am unfortunately now EV- against the rake. I am however EV+ through the miracle of rakeback but I really want to avoid that crutch. I do remain committed to riding out .02/.05 Rush until my curve stabilizes to see how the EV does over a large enough sample set.

No comments:

Post a Comment