Monday, April 19, 2010

Number watch - now 12.82

Sometimes things just go your way. While I was doing a good job of putting myself in the position to win, the cards cooperated as well. AA held up in a big three way pot, hit some sets, villain's draws didn't get there, etc. Just a session of play good/run good and the number reflects that. Currently on a streak of six winning sessions (small ones) in a row now good for a few bucks of sugar on the green line and takes me past the 1/3 point on the way to zero. Concentrating on "the number" has really helped me stay focused and bring my A game because it is directly in front of me and it helps prevent me from spewing chips on trap hands.

So now the task at hand is to realize that variance will eventually throw me a losing session. I need to be ready to go backwards at some point and avoid trying to chase in an effort to keep the streak alive, something that has bitten me in the past. Just stay on track and the green line will cross the zero point when it's good and ready. The better I play, the better it is for the green line. Simple...in concept at least, just have to manage the execution part.


No comments:

Post a Comment