Monday, April 5, 2010

More tourneys

Not surprisingly I was not able to keep up my torrid pace of 100% ROI on tourneys. I entered 8 more S&Gs today and cashed in three of them, one 2nd and two 3rds which was not enough to cover the buy-ins for those tourneys though I'm still EV+ overall. Yeah, I know, small sample size which is why I want to get 100 done so I can work with a decent data set. When I came in second I started off by being outchipped 5:1 but battled back to about 2:1 because villain was folding everything. But I finally stepped in it when my Q9os ran into his AA. Bubbled out in two of the others when I shoved with A6 suited and AK and 99 got in a stack fight. Since I was the short stack I busted out in 4th while AK took third place money. The other bubble was when my A7os couldn't fend off 7c9c despite it being dominated. In my other bustouts I was crippled by JJ outflopping my QQ after a shove pre and AK losing a flip with 99. Still getting back in the rhythm of the S&Gs and need to tune my endgame play since I think I need to work in raising pot instead of shoving when I'm deep enough. I also am running into bubble considerations that I need to work through as well. So far so good though. I'm not kicking myself for any plays, my ROI is 13% and I'd be fine with 10%. I'm in the money 41.7% and my hourly earn is $1.76 so far which is way ahead of my Omaha play. We'll see how those number shape up as we head to 100 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment