Sunday, July 11, 2010

What's been happening?

Yes, I know that the blog has been on a rather extended hiatus. A few things have transpired since last post so here's the update on the past couple months.

* Still playing every day. In order to qualify for the One-a-Day freeroll I need at least one Full Tilt Point per day and I have been clearing that by a comfortable margin. On an "off" day I may only get 30-40 but usually I have 50 minimum and more often 100 or more. Beginning in July I have been targeting 200 points/day which qualifies me for "Iron" status, their highest rung in the Iron Man ladder. So far in July I've nailed it every day.

* I've added in playing $2 + .15 Super Turbo Sit and Go tourneys. T300 starting stacks, 15/30 starting blinds, 3 minutes per level. Feel quite comfortable with these. I play them four at a time and need 1 win or two seconds to basically break even. Anything above that is sugar.

* I absolutely torched massive chunks of my bankroll. I certainly will own up to donking off plenty of it but I will also give credit to epic run bad. You know, two outers, three outers, runner-runners, etc. The suckouts we all know and love but just in such historic proportions that it was ridiculous. At one point my cashier total was $14 and change though I had some rakeback in my back pocket. Still buying into $2 tourneys with $14 in the bank is questionable BRM.

* Cashed in 7th in a freeroll, good for $45.

However, Adam has lit a fire under me since he started talking about going $1000 or bust so I've jumped on his bandwagon and have the same target in sight. From my nadir of <$15 I am now well above that thanks to shedding my run-bad, more focused play, and having a carrot to after. In the past few weeks my cashier window has been run up to $205.23.

The big news though is that I am currently clearing my mid-year bonus. Since I had two months of silver and two months of gold I have $250 worth of bonus available to me that I clear at the rate of one nickel per FT point. Since I've been churning 200 points per day that is about $10 per day and I'm halfway done and will have no problem clearing the full amount by August 14, the deadline. Combine the bonus with roughly $6/day in rakeback and all I have to do is break even at the tables to net out about $16/day while still clearing my bonus.

My total assets at this point are $205.23 (cashier) + $21.64 (rakeback) + $118 (bonus) = $344.87.

I have another $132 coming from my bonus which I have not cleared yet so my projected total in a couple weeks should be about $475. ASSUMING that I don't decimate my roll and can stay on the current pace I will qualify for a $600 year end bonus which I can start clearing in January. I would need to push 267 points/day in order to clear the full amount but if I did then that would put me well above $1000 so I see mid February as the latest I should hit one grand. If things go well and I can pull in some more freeroll cashes then so much the better. Heck, if I start playing poker well then I might even get get there much sooner.

To my loyal reader(s), sorry for the extended absence. Now that I have a goal to shoot for I will be updating the blog regularly again with news.

No comments:

Post a Comment