Friday, May 21, 2010

Almost batting 1.000

A day of really strong decision making. I've made some critical adjustments to my pre-flop play and trying to avoid high variance coin flips for stacks. I know that I'm giving up some equity by folding when an over card king or ace comes out but I'm OK with that for now until I get more mileage under this system. Basically I will see flops with QQ and lower or AK and try to get all in pre with KK and AA.

"Just" 3627 hands today with a tasty $12.83 of sugar. Got all in 34 times during that span. Was all in pre-flop 13 times and never got it in bad. Weakest hand was 55 against a short stack that I put on AK and was getting proper equity. Otherwise I had either the heavy side of a coin flip against a short stack or crushing equity against under pairs or a single over. I was lucky to avoid running KK into AA which would be just about the only way I can get it in really bad with the new system. Got the remainder of the stack in on the flop 13 more times and here is where I had the biggest losses as I a) find that I am indeed against an overpair to my overpair to the board b) against a set or c) lose to a draw/superdraw. Had and underset once and TPTK on an A rag rag flop, both of which I'm fine with stacking off to since the set miner had terrible odds to try to hit. Got it in on the turn 8 times and here is where I have a hammerlock on hands when I had villain drawing dead three times and < 15% three more times.

Only had one really poor play where I tried to push JJ through with a Q out and AQ just not going away. But apart from that one single play I was totally satisfied with my other big hands. I know I could be more profitable with more steals and cbets but there is a tradeoff. Sticking to the algorithm has a high theoretical yield to time ratio and simple rules which allow for high throughput while actually playing poker slows down the hands/hour and involves more brain work though it would mean a higher $/100 hand rate.

I'll stick with the current ruleset for now and reassess next week after 10K-20K more hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment