Thursday, July 15, 2010

The "other" Rush poker approach

So occasionally I mix up my approach to Rush and get uber-aggro. That was much of my profit over the past day. The alternate approach is pretty simple: if it is folded to me then I will open with a pot sized bet with any two cards. If I nail the flop I will continue with pot sized bet on the flop and re-assess from there. If I miss then I just dump it and move on. I will also re-raise with JJ, QQ, and AK and mostly shove with KK and AA. Nothing but good ol' aggression which actually ends up not being that high variance either since, at .05/.10, you're only investing .35 at a time pre-flop most of the time. Granted, you are doing it a ton of times but such a small amount means very small moves in the graph. Though more profitable, this approach is far far slower than my normal one since you not only need to wait for the action to get to you but also have to wait for everyone behind you to act as well. Furthermore, if you do take down the pot without a fight as desired, you will pick up some change but get no Full Tilt Points to show for it since there was no flop and thus no rake. I play either way, just depends on my mood and the amount of time I want to spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment