Thursday, July 29, 2010

Shifting to Super Turbo Sit and Go tourneys

Based on the previous success that I'd had with Super Turbo SnG tourneys I've decided to concentrate all efforts on that front. I have even put promotions and bonuses in second position which is a pretty big move since those are basically got me where I am now. So far it seems that my previous theory is correct - that I am going to be more profitable playing higher quality/less quantity since my game fell off considerably as I tried to clear points. So for now all I'm going to "push" for is the Iron Man one-a-day bonus which just means earning one point/day (which one SnG clears) and the minimum bronze level in order to keep my overall Iron Man monthly streak intact. Bronze level only requires 20 days at 50 points which I've been clearing lately without difficulty.

The other big news is that I'm moving on up stakes to the $5 + .30 SnGs. There are a couple of reasons for that. First of all, keeping the stakes relevant to my roll helps to make sure I don't fall asleep at the wheel. Being excessively over-rolled leads to a laissez-faire attitude since the stakes are too low to make bad play really sting. Secondly, the rake is slightly lower percentage-wise. $2+.15 is a 7.5% rake whereas $5+.30 is only 6%.

So far so good. Granted this is a near meaningless sample size of only 50 of them but my stats at this point are 12.6% ROI which is way good, unsustainably good. 38% in the money, which is normally scorching but considering that 33% of the six man field makes the money is merely just good. According to HEM all that adds up to $33.50 of profit and a $8.97 hourly rate. HEM also says that I am an essentially break even player after adjusting for luck. I'd say the the truth lies somewhere in between me just treading water and being an SnG savant but we know more after I get more tourneys under my belt.

Oh, and one other thing. I am currently at $613.97 and hope to close above six bills tonight. After flirting with the $600 barrier for almost a week I feel like I got the ship headed solidly in the right direction and hope to get that milestone further behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment