Wednesday, July 14, 2010

1K by Labor day?

So I brought up the 1K race idea at poker last night and after giving our target dates Marshall quipped that it was more like a walk than a race so I'm going to set a much more aggressive end date now. Instead of mid-February I'm looking at Labor Day (2010 that is) as my new target date for hitting $1000.

Here's the basic components of how I hope to get there:

$200.48 Current cashier balance
$250.00 Mid year bonus which will clear before the end of July at current pace
$50.00 Rush poker bonus which will clear next week
$405.00 in rakeback at approximately 45/week for nine weeks (including the previous Tue-Mon period which hasn't been paid out yet)

All that totals up to $905.48 assuming that I do nothing more than break even on the tables. I'm looking to make up the difference in EV+ play and freerolls. Reviewing the numbers makes this seem reasonable enough on paper. Profiting $10/week between now and Labor Day seems plenty doable but the challenge is going to be, as it always is, to not tilt off huge chunks of bankroll and to do that will require a lot of discipline. Fortunately, having a set goal and a set date will help me keep things on track I think/hope. Even Cake Challenge II didn't provide as much guidance since it only provided an end date without a target dollar value. Having both will provide a roadmap to the target so I can easily detect if I am straying off course and put in corrective measures quickly.

We'll see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment