Monday, July 26, 2010

MMM: Bronze, silver, gold, iron?

Sushi,


Congrats on clearing your Iron Man mid-year bonus. Are you going to go for the full $600 year end bonus by clearing the iron level each month for the rest of the year?


Allen C.
Riverside CA

Allen,

Unsure. I cleared 200 points for every day so far in July and have already qualified for iron level. However, I'm pretty sure that grinding out that many points is detrimental to my roll since I'm just odometer watching instead of concentrating on playing well. Since I've ground out my status for this month already I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the month and see how my roll does. It's hard to quantify how much the perks are worth for iron level since there are so many factors involved. But as far as the year end bonus goes, getting the entire $600 bonus equates to about $3/day. Considering that I reach silver level ($1.50/day) without much of an effort, the incremental difference is not that much. I've just noticed too many times when I've played poorly as I am reaching the last 10%-20% of my points for the day. Since I've finally found something that I'm reasonably EV+ at against the rake I feel the best thing to do now is concentrate on making money from that and let the bonuses come as they may. I will still be participating in Iron Man but just not pressing to max it out.

Sushi Cowboy

No comments:

Post a Comment