Monday, July 19, 2010

MMM: $564?

Hey Sushi,


Me again. Well it looks like you've had quite the month taking your $14 cashier balance to 40 times that now. So now I have a different bankroll management question for you. When are you going to move up? You're still playing the same Rush levels and SnG tourneys as you did over an order of magnitude ago.



Jesus F.
Pacific Palisades, CA

Hey Jesus,

Yeah, I know. Actually I moved *down* in stakes at Rush. I am back down at .02/.05 instead of the .05/.10 tables in an effort to be more EV+. But you're right, I am buying into them for the minimum $2, roughly the same as my $2 + .15 SnG tourneys. I know you're good enough at math to see that those buy ins are about 1/3 of one percent, a far cry from having 15% of my roll riding on one table, and well below usual BRM standards. Right now I'm so focused on the Cake 1000 challenge that I don't want to mess with the success I've been having. I'll probably move back to the .05/.10 tables for Rush and see how my progress goes. I'm still working on my Iron Man quota for the month and the nickel tables take...well...about twice as long to churn points as the dime tables so moving up will save me some time.

The ironic thing is that I think being too overrolled was what led, in part, to my earlier downswing. When the stakes just seem too irrelevant then my play gets sloppy and the bankroll takes a hit accordingly. Having more pronounced consequences for a bad call keeps your game sharper since you know it will take a chunk out of your roll instead of just a sliver of it. Moving up stakes might also be part of the equation of how to make up for the absence of bonus income coming up soon. I think I'll ride out the current stakes for the rest of July at least. That will finish off my mid-year bonus and give me some time to see where the chart goes without assistance.

Thanks for the mail!
Sushi Cowboy

No comments:

Post a Comment