Saturday, February 20, 2010

What am I doing in this hand?

At the nickel table and I get TQ89ss UTG. What are my options? In order from best to worst they would be fold, raise, then call. So what do I do? Call. Five to the flop which comes. 7Q4 two diamonds while I'm suited in spades. A min bet of .05 into a pot of .25 comes from the SB, BB folds to me and I have top pair, no kicker, and no draw. Worst thing to do here? Call, which I promptly do. Two more calls behind me. .45 in the pot now. 8 peels on the turn. Hey, top two pair now. SB now bets pot. Maybe he has two pair too? Well my two pair is better than his or maybe he had a set on the flop and was just waiting for a non diamond to peel. Once again I choose call. Why? Because if I'm going to butcher this hand I might as well go all the way with it. Player behind me then min-raises to .90. Hmmm. Fold then a flat call from the SB. .45 to me into a pot of $2.70? Sure why not? I'm sure I'm beating something out there. River is 8d which completes the flush and pairs the board. SB checks to me. Oh look, I have a boat now. And unless someone played top set even worse than I played my hand then I'm golden. I throw in my last .79 into the $3.15 pot. Player behind me calls his last .77 and SB overcalls. They both had 65xx for the turned nut straight and paid me off on a paired flushed board. Epic. And that my friends is how you donk your way into a $5.50 pot. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment