Sunday, February 28, 2010

HOTD: Hammer time

I pick AAJ3 rainbow UTG and open for a pot sized bet, call, re-raise, re-re-raise, and by the time the flop came we're in a four way all in. Despite my aces I'm actually pulling up the rear here since I'm up against AAJ4ss and get my money in shockingly bad with only 16% equity but the flop comes 425 and my flopped wheel vaults me into a 56% favorite position. Turn is Qc which puts the third club on the board which nobody has and I am up to 70% to nearly quadruple up. But the board pairs fives and the short stack donk that just had to push the action pre-flop with 2727ss (you'd figure he'd wait for 2727 rainbow at least) ends up boating to take the lion's share of the pot. I end up roughly breaking even for the side pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment