Saturday, February 20, 2010

Not very good at stack roulette

The session started off with a bang and didn't let up for a while.

First hand I play I'm all in pre with 52% equity against two other players and lose to a crappy flush.

Then my AAK2ss can't fend off a guy who went with bottom pair and a gutter on the flop.

KKJ4ss runs into AAxx though I still have 25% equity in a four way all in pre-flop.

Lose a coin flip with QQJ4ss to AKxxds.

My AAJ8ss is 2:1 against KJT5ss until he rivers two pair.

My KKxx has JJxx dominated until he flops a set.

I can't get away from bottom set of ducks against a guy who came in on the button with 9995 and caught the case 9.

My AQT2 is behind against AAxxds but aces hold up when they are in villain's hand apparently.

Then it was up and down for a while and I fill in some of the crater in my bankroll that stack roulette has left. I can almost get even when I get a guy trying to give me his chips with KKJ4 in diamonds and clubs against my AAQ7 and I have his clubs covered. He flops a diamond draw and gets there on the river and $3.50 goes the wrong way across the felt.

One of the only highlights is getting paid in full when a guy stacks off to me after he turns a king high straight against my flopped quad jacks.

Overall just 318 hands of brutality and I feel "lucky" to walk away only being down $3.47 after rake after being down $6.20 at one point. Rakeback patches about another buck on that to cut my deficit down to about $2.50 instead. Stack roulette is high variance and I'm satisfied that I'm getting my money in with sufficient overlay against the range of donks. Would have been nice to pull down at least one of them but I'll have to take solace in my accumulation of Sklansky bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment