Monday, February 15, 2010

Done "taking my shot" for now

I feel I'm playing adequately. Not super sharp but well enough. I tried another go at the nosebleed stakes of .02/.05 and missed out on a couple of "monster" pots. In one hand I picked up AAKK rainbow and I'm just to the right of the maniac who has been raising almost every time. He of course limps in this time and my pot sized bet doesn't carry the same impact as a repot would. I get called in two places, shove the flop, get one fold and a call from the maniac who rivers his gutterball. Other hand I get it in with KK22ds and get called two ways by marginal hands. Flop is T44 which is good since I have two pair draws pre-counterfeited. But a T falls on the river to trip up one of the callers and I miss out on another $2+ pot.

I decide to head back down to the kiddie pool and try to repair the hole that the .02/.05 buy ins left. I'm playing a bit aggro and trying to push my big pairs through more than I should. Some come through but others are run down and I didn't need to be pushing so hard due to the chip frenzy that occurs. I log in another 500 hands and get back some of the losses at the .02/.05 table.

No comments:

Post a Comment