Friday, February 19, 2010

Oh silly stack roulette, why do you hate me so?

I dive into a mini-session with about 50/50 penny and nickel tables. On one nickel table I have almost a full buy, $1.68, and pick up AA27ss in the CO and just limp in. Button pops from .05 to .20 and everyone else, as in all four other players at the table flat call. I decide there is now enough money in the middle and I want to snap this thing off now that a pot sized bet is significant enough so I pot it up to $1.40 to get people out of my pot. Original raiser now makes it $5 to go, good, let's iso these donks out of here...nope. Three more players call off their stacks. Only one player has the sense to not get involved. Board runs out and gives the AK99ss original raiser his flush and I miss my $9 pot. Dangit. As it turns out I was not in the lead even, nor did I even have overlay there. AAxx not strong enough by itself. Even though we were both single suited, I had his ace dead and pair dominated but the K connector must have been enough of a factor to swing the percentages in his favor. I need to do more research on hand strengths.

Even though I missed out on the lotto I ended up $2.07 for the session thanks to minimizing my losses to that one $1.68 hand and taking down eleven pots, not bad for a session of only 64 hands.

* Follow up, I am actually heavily favored over his hand heads up but the percentages from HEM showed my odds after factoring in other players' cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment